Any data reported in the tax statement is strictly for informational purposes only.
It is not intended as a tax declaration or as a substitute for legal advice.
We strongly advise you to verify the tax statement with your tax advisor.
eToro does not provide tax advice and this page is for informational purposes only.
On this page, you will find information about the eToro Tax Report, which is a document generated based on your previous annual trading activity on the eToro platform and is structured in accordance with local tax guidelines.
- Tax Year: 01.01–12.31
- Reporting Currency: Danish Krone (DKK)
Filing Date: 1 May, 2022 / 1 July, 2022
- The deadline for the tax assessment is 1 May, 2022. However, extended tax returns or foreign income can be submitted by 1 July, 2022.
- The reporting of purchases on shares and funds must be reported before 1 July, 2022, so further losses can be deducted.
- The report can be submitted in electronic and paper format.
Source for exchange rates: https://nationalbanken.statistikbank.dk/909
Consumption Logic: Weighted Average for shares, financial contracts, investment funds. FIFO for cryptoassets
- Income: Share income and capital income
- Capital Gains: Capital gains from shares (share income) and other securities (capital income) and cryptoassets (personal income)
- Wealth: There is no wealth tax. However, the year-end market value of assets held in foreign deposits must be reported.
The information related to the acquisition of securities must be kept for the following reasons:
- For audit purposes, since the accounts are held abroad
- In order to be able to deduct losses on shares and funds, the information about these purchases must be provided to the Danish Tax Agency.
- This is the form to report income from abroad. The market value of Danish shares held in foreign deposits is also included in this report.
- This is the form to report personal income and capital income from Danish securities.
- This is the form to report income from Danish shares and certain Danish investment funds.
There is an annex that includes gains/losses from financial contracts, in relation to Form 04.055. However, this is a form that depends on gains/losses from previous years and the election the investor may choose regarding the offsetting choices.
- There is a table in the report to help you complete this form.https://skat.dk/getfile.aspx?id=145421&type=pdf
How can I access my Tax Report?
Who is entitled to receive an eToro Tax Report?
Can I file the eToro Tax Report directly to the tax authorities as my annual tax report?
Does the eToro Tax Report include my crypto wallet holdings and transactions?
Why do I see a difference between the profits and losses on my eToro Account Statement versus the gains or losses on my eToro Tax Report?