Front End Developer, Engagement
eToro is the world’s leading social trading network, providing millions of users from around the world a one-stop-shop solution for their trading and investing needs. Since 2007, eToro has positioned itself as a Fintech leader, pioneering revolutionary practices such as social trading and machine-learning-powered investment products while promoting culture and core values of Openness, Quality, Enjoyable, Inventive, Simplicity.
You will be responsible for leading the development of key features, and shape the experience of over 20 millions of eToro users. These features include the platform's news and social feed, stock and crypto search, stocks watchlists, dashboards, personalization algorithms, and more.
We are working with cutting edge web and mobile technologies to design and build highly scalable, distributed, microservices- and cloud-based systems to support our business growth. Our projects touch all aspects of the development lifecycle - from ideation and design, through implementation and testing, up to deployment to production and monitoring.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the design and implementation of web applications and Hybrid Mobile apps
- Proactively participate in every aspect of the entire software development lifecycle of feature development
- Design and develop test automation scripts
- Quality responsibility - Write all levels of testing (Unit, Integration, System) and CI/CD scripts
- Participate in peer code reviews, knowledge sharing, and SCRUM meetings
- Research and promote new technologies and tools
- Create self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Write non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts
- 3+ years of professional experience and Bachelors (or higher) degree in a relevant discipline (relevant experience and training will be considered)
- Self-starter whose curiosity drives continuous education about current and new technologies
- Experience using REST API - a must!
- Mobile Development (advantage)
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets
- Team player