Capital Markets and Trading Surveillance Group Lead
eToro is the world’s leading social trading network, providing millions of users from around the world a one-stop-shop solution for their trading and investing needs. Since 2007, eToro has positioned itself as a Fintech leader, pioneering revolutionary practices such as social trading and machine-learning-powered investment products. eToro’s award-winning trading and investing platform is at the forefront of Fintech technology. Our Research and Development department develops cutting-edge technologies, focusing on field-relevant areas, such as blockchain and artificial intelligence. We’re looking for a diligent, punctual, highly motivated and a team player individual to join our Risk department.
In this role you will:
- Ownership of the company’s market abuse surveillance program. Serves as a trusted specialist for global market abuse matters, including, ongoing monitoring, detection of potential breaches and training requirements. Operate as business authority and product owner.
- Leads efforts to implement and enhance surveillance systems, design and implementation of new policies, procedures, and controls to ensure compliance with applicable market abuse laws and regulations across the globe. Monitors, reviews and calibrates tolerances for alert generators.
- Continually improve the Compliance Program. Implements compliance measures that are aligned with overall strategic goals.
- Fosters lines of communication between, and with, business contacts, the Legal Department, Compliance Department colleagues, and other control groups across Europe and US. Participates in activities and efforts as required with other Compliance teams and business partners in other regions.
- Develops and maintains a broad knowledge and awareness of the investment industry and regulatory and/or policy changes with potential impact on compliance monitoring or reporting. Stays abreast of current market, enforcement action, regulatory and industry relevant news. Serves as a technical authority on market abuse compliance requirements.
- Participates in and actively supports corporate initiatives.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in capital markets related positions or a s a trading/middle office/back office management role in a financial institution.
- Working experience in the Big Four accounting firms - Strong Advantage
- such as big 5 accounting firms ,or as a trading/middle office/back office management role in a financial institution.
- Understanding of capital markets with multi-asset knowledge – equities, fx, commodities , derivatives.
- Prior knowledge of order management systems, surveillance tools - Strong Advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills (for both within a growing global Compliance function and external to Compliance).
- Excellent analytics skills.